Connect to us
The concept of the restaurant was devised by Chef Alberto Crisci MBE, director of operations and founder, with great support from Peter Dawson, governor of HMP High Down (2007-2012) and founder trustee Kevin McGrath.
The Clink receives support from numerous socially pro-active charitable trusts, organisations, businesses and individuals. The Clink Charity is grateful to the following people for their valued support.
- Finlay Scott, trustee and chairman, founded The Tragus Group in 2002, was Chairman of Whitecross Dental Group & Chairman and CEO of Aroma. He has also advised and run Hi-Tec companies, as well as advertising and media groups.
- Kevin McGrath, trustee and deputy chairman, is chairman of M&M Asset Management and is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, he is a Freeman of the City of London and also Chairman of The Lyric Theatre in Hammersmith. Kevin is also the High Sheriff of the County of Greater London in Nomination for 2014/2015.
- Tim Wates, trustee, commenced his career with Cazenove & Co. He subsequently joined Wates Group and is presently Chairman of Wates Family Holdings. Wates Group is a family-owned Construction and Development group with particular expertise in education, prisons, commercial buildings, affordable housing, retail and office fit-out and strategic land investment. Tim is Vice Chairman of the Coast to Capital LEP, a non-executive director of Tampopo Ltd and Pedder Property Limited and a trustee of several Wates family charities.
- Lady Edwina Grosvenor, trustee, has worked in and around the prison service for 11 years. Edwina read criminology and sociology at university as well as criminal behaviour before continuing her career working in Styal prison (a female prison in Manchester) and with many other organisations working with inmates. Edwina now supports and advises the Bishop of Liverpool in his role as the Bishop of Prisons (England and Wales) in the House of Lords as well as working on projects which look at finding better ways to punish those who end up in prison with the overall aim of reducing reoffending rates.
- Rosemary Davidson, trustee, graduated from Oxford with a BA Hons in Jurisprudence and then gained a distinction from University College London with an LLM in Public Law and Human Rights. Now a barrister specialising in extradition and public law, with particular focus on immigration, prison law and national security work, Rosemary is a real attribute to the board.
- Chris Moore, chief executive of The Clink Charity, has over 25 years experience in the hospitality industry and focuses on increasing awareness of the work and skills being developed at The Clink Restaurant as well as securing support from the industry and finding the necessary funds for expansion. Chris also sources knowledge and industry skills that can be passed on and shared with the trainees.
- Alberto Crisci, brand and training director and founder, devised and developed The Clink Restaurant over seven years, taking the idea from birth and construction to its success today. He is committed to further the level of excellence and employment opportunities at The Clink Restaurant.
- Deborah Whitworth, finance director, is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor. After working in various multinational, professional and corporate organisations, she joined a small family business to take a more hands-on, advisory role. This experience is valuable to The Clink Charity to ensure that it has sound accountancy to support its growing operations.
- Jane Sanderson, operations director, assumes overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of all three prisoner training restaurants. An experienced project manager with in-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry, Jane’s 27 years of experience with companies such as Elior, Goldman Sachs International, Harrods and Leith’s Catering is valuable to the continued growth of The Clink.
The Clink Ambassadors
Those invited to become Ambassadors kindly donate their time and expertise to the graduates in training by holding regular workshops in the kitchens and front of house.
- Albert Roux OBE, group chef ambassador
- Vic Laws MBE, group restaurant ambassador
- Graham Bamford, group mentoring ambassador
- Giorgio Locatelli, chef ambassador
- Antonio Carluccio OBE, chef ambassador
- Andrew Etherington FIH FCSI, restaurant ambassador
- Peter Bramich, restaurant ambassador
- Julie Peasgood, sustainability ambassador
- Gareth Edwards CBE, restaurant ambassador
- Cyrus Todiwala OBE DL, chef ambassador
- Esher Williams, restaurant ambassador
To keep up to date with the latest news about the developments at The....
We are excited to announce that we have been working on a complete redesign of our website, which will be launched by the end of this year. The new website is being designed by award-winning […]
The Clink Charity plans to build upon the success of the first year of....
For all media enquiries we ask you to contact our Marketing & Public Relations....
We are pleased to announce two new members of The Clink Ambassador Programme this month. Accomplished hotelier Graham Bamford has been appointed as group mentoring ambassador and Michelin Star chef Adam Simmonds joins us as […]
We’re well and truly in the Christmas spirit this year with the Christmas puddings merrily soaking up all those festive flavours and our seasonal menus available to book. As always, this year’s dishes are traditional, […]